Make these super moist high fiber muffins as a quick breakfast or nutrient packed snack. You can cut the sugar for healthiest option and use an alternative sweetener like honey or agave.
- 1-1/2 cups Whole Wheat Flour or Organic Whole Wheat Flour*
- 3/4 cup Flaxseed Meal
- 3/4 cup Organic Oat Bran Cereal
- 1 cup Brown Sugar
- 2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 2 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1-1/2 cups Carrots finely shredded
- 2 Apples peeled & shredded
- 1/2 cup Raisins (optional)
- 1 cup Chopped Nuts
- 3/4 cup Milk
- 2 Eggs beaten
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- Mix together flour, Bob's Red Mill Flaxseed Meal, oat bran, brown sugar, baking soda, baking powder, salt and cinnamon in a large bowl.
- Stir in carrots, apples, raisins (if desired) and nuts. Combine milk, beaten eggs and vanilla. Pour liquid ingredients into dry ingredients. Stir until ingredients are moistened. DO NOT OVER MIX.
- Fill muffin cups 3/4 full. Bake at 350 degrees F for 15-20 minutes.