Who said Chocolate Puddings need to be unhealthy?
Here is a dreamy, creamy and healthy chocolate pudding! Make it the night before and you can have it for breakfast, mid-day snack or a simple dessert.
It will last you for a few days as this serves 4 portions but that if you can resist sneaking spoonfuls for that long…
- 1/4cup Cacao Powder or unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3-5Tbsp maple syrup or any substitute
- 1/2tsp Ground Cinnamon (optional)
- 1pinch sea salt
- 1/2tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2cups Almond Milk (or light Coconut Milk for a creamier texture!)
- 1/2cup Chia Seeds
- In a mixing bowl, stir in sifted cocoa powder, ground cinnamon and salt; followed by vanilla extract and maple syrup.
- Add ½ cup of the dairy free milk of choice and combine until a paste forms; then add the remaining milk and whisk until smooth.
- Finally add the chia seeds and whisk again.
- Cover & refrigerate for a minimum of 5 hours and ideally overnight – it should have achieved a pudding like consistency.
- Serve chilled with desired toppings, such as fruit, cacoa nibs, granola, or coconut whipped cream.
Want to buy some of these ingredients?
- Chia Seeds
- Cacao Powder
- Maple Syrup Substitute (Coconut Blossom Nectar)
- Ground Cinnamon
- Almond Milk or Coconut Milk