Treat yourself and your family with this fresh and tasty summer salad. Perfect on its own or as an addition to any meal.
- 1 cup Whole Wheat Pearl Couscous
- 3 cups Water
- 1/4 cup Olive Oil
- 1 Tbsp Champagne Vinegar
- 1 Tbsp Minced Shallot
- 2 tsp minced Chives
- 2 tsp minced Tarragon
- 1 tsp minced Parsley
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Dijon Mustard
- 1 Red Grapefruit
- 1 Cara Cara Orange
- 1 medium Avocado
- 8 oz lump Crab Meat
- 1 head Lettuce
- Cook the couscous according to the package instructions. Strain any excess water and spread the couscous on a baking sheet in a single layer to cool without overcooking.
- In a medium-sized salad bowl, combine the olive oil, vinegar, shallot, chives, tarragon, parsley, salt and Dijon. Whisk the mixture for 1-2 minutes, until the dressing begins to emulsify. Add in the couscous and toss well.
- Over a bowl to catch the juice, slice off the top and bottom of the grapefruit and orange, then cut away both the skin and the pith around the whole fruit. Use a sharp knife to cut between the membranes and release the fruit segments. Collect segments in a separate bowl.
- Cut the avocado in half and remove the seed. Cut the avocado into slices and dip in the citrus juice to keep it from browning.
- Add the citrus, avocado and crab to the couscous and toss together gently; try not to break up the crab and the avocado too much.
- Serve the salad with lettuce leaves and allow people to build their own lettuce wraps! Enjoy.
Purchase Bob's Redmill Golden Couscous in-store or online