Who doesn't love a tasty miso soup. This quick recipe is a perfect option for something warm and comforting during these winter months. You can customize it as much as you want but always try to include something spicy or with acidity to balance the saltiness from the miso.
This recipe serves 1 and can last up to 4 days in the fridge with just the core base.
- 1.5 teaspoon of barley miso paste
- 1/2 teaspoon of clear Wakame Seaweed
- 2 teaspoon of rolled oats
- half thumb of ginger grated
- Pinch of chilli flakes
- Divide ingredients into 2 bowls for the 2 servings.
- Add 1/4 cup of hot water in each to mix and dissolve miso paste
- Add remaining hot water and mix again
You can enjoy this recipe with a lot of different toppings:
- Lime zest
- 1/4 teaspoon of brown rice vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon of sesame oil
- Pine nuts
- Tofu cubes