Kombucha is a healthy drink meant to help with gut bacteria right? Well yes but we can also use it as a tasty alternative to sugary mixers and juices. It can add some great flavour and will still provide bubbles to your favourite drink.
This recipe is a citrus based kombucha margarita and has a combination of lime juice, cointreau, the original brew Kombucha and of course it would not be a margarita without Tequila.
Let's get this started so you can start sipping this delicious "quanrantini".
This recipe serves 2 but feel free to double or triple if you're making it for a party.
- 2 teaspoons of chilli powder
- 2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/3 cup of 100% agave tequila (only the best for you)
- 1/4 cup of Cointreau
- Juice from 1 orange
- Juices from 2 limes
- 3/4 cup of Original Kombucha
- Pinch of turmeric
- Fresh mint leaves for garnish
- Use a cocktail shaker to mix tequila, cointreau, lime juice, orange juice, turmeric and lots of ice.
- Mix chilli powder and salt on a small rimmed plate. Rub the used lime wedges on the rim of your glasses and dip them into the mix.
- The drink will already be chilled but if you want some more ice, place some in the glasses and pour the cocktail mix up to 3/4 of the glass. Top it up with Kombucha and mint leaves.