For all the matcha lovers out there, this cake was specially made for our instagram competition #mantrafoodschef by the talented @onelovejoyce
For the base:
- 150 g almond
- 100 g dates 2 Tbsp melted coconut oil
- 1 Tbsp cocoa powder
For the Matcha Mousse:
- 1 cup unroasted cashew soaked overnight
- 1¾ cups coconut milk (one can)
- 6 Tbsp maple syrup + 2 Tbsp
- 4 Tbsp coconut oil
- 4 tsp lemon juice
- ¼ tsp vanilla extract
- 2 pinches of sea salt
- 1¾ cups nondairy milk
- ¾ tsp agar powder
- 1 Tbsp + 2 tsp matcha powder
1. Prepare the crust by combining all ingredients in a blender . Press this mixture evenly into the bottom of a springform pan and place in fridge for a least 1 hr
2. Now prepare the mousse by combining the cashews, coconut milk, sugar, coconut oil, lemon juice, vanilla, and salt in the blender and blending until completely smooth. Set aside.
3. In a small saucepan over medium-high heat, combine the 1¾ cups nondairy milk and agar powder and bring to a boil while whisking. When it comes to a boil, bring the heat down to low and allow to simmer for 2 minutes while you whisk. After 2 minutes, pour this entire mixture into the blender jar along with the cashew mixture and blend until well mixed (around 1 minute). Add the matcha powder to the blender and blend again until throughly incorporated. You will notice that the mixture may be very bubbly, that's ok.
4. Pour this entire green mixture over the pre-baked crust in the springform pan. Set the pan aside on the counter to cool for 20 minutes uncovered before covering the pan with foil and placing in the refrigerator to chill for 6 hours or overnight.
When it has chilled, run a knife along to edge to loosen the mousse and remove from the springform pan. Dust the top of the cake with extra matcha powder (using a small sieve), slice, and serve.