Try these amazing and hearty pancakes made with oats, chia and flaxseeds. This breakfast is packed with nutrients and will keep you going for hours with good amounts of fiber, protein and omega-3 acids.
As you make the batter, it might become too thick, simply add some water (1 tbsp) to it. You can also make substitutions to make this dairy free.
- 3 cups Gluten Free Organic Old Fashioned Rolled Oats divided
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp Kosher Salt
- 2 Tbsp Organic Chia Seed
- 2 Tbsp Organic Golden Flaxseed Meal
- ¼ cup Maple Syrup
- 1 Egg
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 ½ cups Milk
- 2 Tbsp Butter for skillet
- Preheat a nonstick pan to medium heat.
- Blend 2 cups of rolled oats in a flour in a high powered blender or food processor, about 30 seconds.
- To the oat flour, add in baking powder, baking soda, salt, chia seeds and flaxseeds. Pulse to combine.
- Add in the remaining cup of rolled oats, maple syrup, egg, vanilla extract and milk. Blend for 30–45 seconds or until combined and no dry spots remain.
- Brush preheated griddle with butter and portion batter using a ¼ measuring cup. Cook until the edges are set, 3–4 minutes. Flip and continue to cook on the second side 2–3 minutes more. Serve warm or hold in a low temperature oven for no more than 15 minutes.