This tasty treat has a shortbread crust paired with a gooey chocolate and caramel coating. And best of all, it is vegan! You can store them in the fridge for up to two weeks.
Note: You can play around with the different nut butters.
- 3/4 cup of almond flour
- 2 tablespoons of coconut flour
- 3 tablespoons of coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon of maple syrup
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- Sea salt
- Preheat oven to 180 C
- For shortbread, mix all ingredients in a bowl and then flatten into a 20cm x 20cm baking dish with parchment paper
- Bake for 12-15 minutes until lightly browned around edges. Remove and let cool for a couple of minutes before adding caramel
- Combine caramel ingredients in bowl and whisk (you can use the same bowl as the crust).
- Gently spread over crust with spatula as to not break the shortbread.
- Freeze bars for 1-2 hours
- Melt chocolate chips with coconut oil and coat bars. Return it to the freezer for 5 minutes to harden.
- Slice bars when ready, you should be able to get ~16 bars.
- Top with sea salt and store in fridge for 2 weeks (if you'd like more of a harder texture, keep in freezer for up to 3 months).
Want to buy some of these ingredients?