This recipe is a personal favourite of mine because it triggers childhood memories. Specifically an image of my mom running the metallic mold under water to loosen the tasty dessert. Its unique flavours of pistachio and cardamom are enough to send you dreaming.
If you're on this page, you know I'm talking about Kulfi, which for those of you who don't know what kulfi is, it can be characterized as "Indian ice cream". Its texture is a bit more dense than regular ice cream but still holds that creamy texture. This recipe is a bit different as it doesn't use condensed milk as Kulfi usually does but instead the rich flavour of coconut milk from Cocomi really gives it its own depth. You can treat this recipe as a base and add your favourite ingredients.
One thing to note as well is that you don't necessarily need a kulfi mold, anything to hold its shape will do. You can use regular popsical molds or even an ice cube tray.
There are actually 2 recipes here: Chocolate Kulfi and a Coconut Cardamom Kulfi. It's only a slight difference in ingredients as listed below.
Alright let's get this dessert party started.
- 400 ML can of Cocomi organic coconut milk
- 240G can of Cocomi sweetened condensed milk
- 200G Cocomi whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon of finely chopped almonds
- 1 tablespoon of finely chopped pistachios
- 1/2 teaspoon of cardamom powder (if you are doing the cardamom coconut kulfi)
- 2 tablespoons of Cocomi dark chocolate coconut spread (if you are doing the chocolate coconut kulfi)
- Blend coconut milk, condensed milk, whipping cream and chocolate spread (only if you are doing the chocolate version) for 1 whole minute.
- Add nuts, cardamom powder (if you are doing the base coconut kulfi) and mix well.
- Pour mixture into kulfi mold or your alternative and freeze for at least 3 hours.
- If you are using a kulfi mold and getting ready to eat this dessert, run the mold under hot water for 30 seconds. Open the mold and tap it to separate it from the container. You might need to lightly run a knife around the sites to get it loose.
- Enjoy it in a bowl or on a stick depending on how you prepared it.
Want to buy some of these ingredients to make our kulfi recipe?
- Cocomi Coconut Milk
- Cocomi Condensed Milk
- Cocomi Whipping Cream
- Cocomi dark chocolate spread